Wednesday, June 9, 2010
my feelings about portfolios
The thing that stuck out to me most from reading and discussing about digital portfolios was the fact that they are forever. No matter what may happen to my classroom computer or home computer I will still be able to access that information from a different computer. I know this will help me in my classroom and encourage me even more to use a digital portfolio. Records of students progress will not get lost or damaged, even years after they have been in my classroom. These forever files will also keep tract of my abilities in helping students progress, as well as keep track of the students progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Katie! That was something that also stuck out to me as we learned about portfolios! It's such a great resource that I never knew was available. I always assumed that a portfolio was just used to try to get a job, and also done only on paper or written in book-form.
ReplyDeleteHello! I liked this too. Knowing that no matter where my students go, I will always have their records available to me is very reassuring. Even though I don't know everything about digital portfolios I think they are a very good way of helping a students progress and being able to see just how far they have come in any amount of time.
ReplyDelete